For some, motherhood is the best gift that has been granted to them, but along with the fact that there’s a child who fills your heart with love and makes you tired at the same time, it does have its effect on your post-pregnancy body. As you start shedding the kilos, your body leaves behind the stretch marks – your baby’s first imprint. So even if it has an emotional value, you’d probably want to make them less prominent, which basically depends on building your collagen back.
Not just that, if you rapidly lose or gain weight, you can see these stretch marks forming in different areas of your body.
But getting rid of the marks are actually really easy-peasy. There are some really beneficial products that just make the process really smooth and stress-free. The trick is to keep your skin moisturized to avoid stretch marks. You can also regularly exfoliate to remove dead skin cells from the stretch marks.
- Cocoa butter – This works on the basic science that cocoa butter smoothens your skin by hydrating it. Since it deeply penetrates your skin, your damaged cells are repaired. Once you start regularly applying it twice or thrice a day, you will witness the vanishing of the stretch marks.
- Vitamin A – Good nutrition for amazing skin is an age-old habit that usually leads to a healthy development. Add vitamin A rich foods to your diet, like carrots and sweet potatoes.
- Aloe vera– Some people swear by aloe vera for its amazing healing properties. If your skin needs a doctor, it definitely is aloe vera. Its properties help in regenerating the skin tissue for an absolute skin makeover. You can take aloe vera gel and apply on the marks for 20-30 minutes. Feel free to wash the area with water after that. It sure does work like a dream.
- Argan Oil: Your skin needs to gain back its elasticity, which is what argan oil helps in speeding up. Applying argan oil on the stretch marks heal the broken tissues, thus help in fading the stretch marks out.
- Coconut Oil: Your skin needs increased blood flow, which happens by massaging coconut oil on your body. This helps build collagen fibres, which is the basic step in removing stretch marks. This makes your skin suppler, and thus leaves the area stretch marks-free. You can apply the oil twice daily till you see marked improvement.
- Castor oil: A very effective way of getting rid of stretch marks is to apply castor oil and then press the skin with a heated cloth.
While there are a lot of ways to treat stretch marks the organic way, there are also small steps that you can take to prevent them in the first place. You should drink a lot of water because that keeps your skin moisturized and helps you avoid stretch marks. But even if you do get them, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about since there are enough products that can take care of your skin and help in rebuilding the tissues.