This year summer temperature has soared to new heights. While everyone is trying their best to beat the heat, at Nature’s Tattva we had been trying to curate some the best summer hacks to help your skin stay hydrated, safe and fresh. Before we dive into the DIY Summer Hacks – Sunscreen application is a must across all seasons, irrespective of staying indoors or stepping out in the sun; cloudy day or a rainy day these shouldn’t be a reason to skip the sunscreen.
A generous application of sunscreen will not only help you protect your skin from the harmful UV rays but also help in preventing early ageing or drooping of your skin. There are also some pieces of evidence found stating the daily sunscreen application can help you prevent deep wrinkles, puffiness, age spots etc.
Let us begin with – Nature’s curated DIY Summer Hacks
Revive & De-Tan:
Soothe your skin after a long day in the sun with a smooth paste made from:
- 1 tablespoon of homemade yoghurt or curd (homemade yoghurt is highly recommended due to its abundance of natural healing and moisturizing properties, else you may also use the packaged variant from the market)
- 3 Pinches of Tumeric (haldi)
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Gram Flour (besan)
- 3 drops of Nature’s Tattva Peppermint or Lavender Essential Oil
Whisk these ingredients into a smooth paste of thick consistency. Apply this mix on a clean and pat dried face. Leave it on for 20-25 minutes and wash off while massaging gently with normal or lukewarm water.
Beat the Heat:
Aloe Vera is one of the most used medicinal plants filled with plenty of benefits for your skin, hair and body. Though Aloe Vera gel is a year-round winner but it holds a special place all through the summers. Let’s begin to know how?
- 2 Tablespoons of Nature’s Tattva Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 Tablespoon of Rice Flour
Mix these ingredients well into a smooth paste. You may keep this mix in the freezer for 15 minutes before application to give you an instant punch of coolness. Apply this mix on a clean and dried face. Leave it on for 20 mins and rinse with water. Aloe Vera will help your skin rejuvenate instantly while Rice Flour will help you remove the dead skin and soothe the skin.
Icing your skin or the ice facials during the summers is a great way to relive your skin of any sun damages, helps in tightening the pores, helps in soothing the wrinkles etc. And when the best of Nature’s Tattvas are brought together, they can only create cool magic!
For this recipe you need:
- 1 small ice tray (or the one you already have handy)
- 8 to 12 Tablespoons of Nature’s Tattva Aloe Vera Gel (take as much as you need)
- 2 to 3 drops of Nature’s Tattva Lemon or Peppermint Essential Oil (to enhance and elevate your skin’s overall experience)
Mix these ingredients to form a smooth textured paste. Pour/empty the mix into the ice tray and let it set into an ice cube. Whenever you come back from a tiring sunny day, apply this super soothing and hydrating ice cube on a clean face for an instant glow and fresher looking skin.
Summer Hair Love:
Show some love to your hair this summers. Sunny days and sweaty scalp are best buddies. Let’s look at a refreshing haircare DIY Summer Hack.
- Nature’s Tattva Coconut Oil (quantity as per your hair length)
- 3 to 4 drops of Nature’s Tattva Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 3 to 4 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 to 3 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
Mix this concoction well. Use a shaker to ensure the ingredients are mixed well. Massage your hair with 1 hour before hair wash or leave it overnight, as you fancy. Wash off your hair as usual. Tea tree, rosemary and lemon essential oils will help you soothe your scalp, prevent itchiness and keep your hair smelling great all day long. You can even store this concoction for a couple of weeks in a dark brown bottle, the quantity of the ingredients will increase accordingly.
Let’s not forget to show some fragrant love to our body. Here is one of the best, pure and natural DIY Talc Free Body Powder recipe which is not only healthy for your skin but also pocket friendly.
- ½ cup of Nature’s Tattva Bentonite Clay
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Nature’s Tattva Kaolin Clay
- 15 to 20 drop of Nature’s Tattva Rose Essential Oil
Mix these ingredients well and store it in the airtight container. Use whenever you wish to feel royal and angel-like.
All the above recipes are zero chemicals skincare, natural DIY concoctions to beat the heat and help your skin, hair and body feel healthy all the time.