According to data, most men can sustain a beard for not more than 30 days. The reasons pan from itchiness, unruly and unmanageable. So, what’s the solution? The Beard Oil!
Beard oil acts as a serum for dryness, hence working on the itchiness. Works as a beard softener, hence working as a beard groomer. And acts as a beard setter, hence making it look more prim and styled.
So who needs the beard oil?
Well, everyone who has a beard, light or dense.
Let’s now understand a little about the parts of the beard oil.
Part A: Carrier Oils
Carrier oils are the basis of the beard oil. They impart the necessary nutrition, moisture and hydration.
Carrier oils that we would be using:
Nature’s Tattva Organic Moroccan Argan Oil: This is a non-greasy oil from the fruit of the argan tree which is native to Morocco. It does not leave a greasy residue, making it an excellent choice for hair and skin alike. It is high in fatty acids, which is a great addition for facial hair, especially because it helps it balance the natural oils of the skin. It is also rich in Vitamin E which stimulates hair growth and helps to repair and prevent split ends.
Nature’s Tattva Organic Jojoba Oil: This is actually a plant oil which is very close to our body’s natural sebum or sweat gland. This makes it an excellent skin care product and it is tolerated very well by most skin types. This oil helps to balance oil production in the skin keeping acne at bay. Jojoba oil also coats the new growth, hence imparting strength to hair, also preventing breakage.
Part B: Essential Oils
Essential Oils form the fragrance part of the Beard Oil. Some essential oils can be added to give therapeutic gains, like the Rosemary Essential Oil which is great for hair.
I am going to list down some Essential Oil blends which we have tried and tested, you can go ahead and chose one of them, or experiment with your own unique fragrance. The beauty of doing it yourself (DIY) is that you can get a customized product at the end, which suits your personality.
Here are some options that you can try out.
Cedarwood Essential Oil- 7 drops
Black Pepper Essential Oil- 3 Drops
Clary Sage Essential Oil- 2 Drops
Vanilla Essential Oil- 8 Drops
Lavender Essential Oil- 4 Drops
Tea Tree Essential Oil- 3 Drops
Lavender Essential Oil- 5 Drops
Peppermint Essential Oil- 4 Drops
Frankincense Essential Oil- 6 Drops
Cedarwood Essential Oil- 6 Drops
Tea Tree Essential Oil- 5 Drops
Eucalyptus Essential Oil- 7 Drops
Sweet Orange Essential Oil- 4 Drops
Lime Essential Oil- 4 Drops
Lemon Essential Oil- 4 Drops
Cedarwood Essential Oil- 6 Drops
Fir Needle Essential Oil- 4 Drops
Now, let’s quickly jump to the recipe.
- 25ml of Nature’s Tattva Organic Moroccan Argan Oil
- 25ml of Nature’s Tattva Organic Jojoba Oil
- 12 drops of your favorite Essential Oil blend
- A clean dropper bottle to store your Beard oil in
- A clean glass bowl to mix everything together
How To Make:
The steps are rather easy and you can have a fresh batch of your beard oil in a matter of minutes.
- Take 25 ml of Nature’s Tattva Organic Moroccan Argan Oil in a clean glass bowl and add 25ml of Nature’s Tattva Organic Jojoba Oil to it.
- Now add 10-13 drops of your choice of essential oils.
- Pour this concoction into a clean amber coloured glass bottle with a dropper. I say with a dropper, because it is easier to take out drops every time you need to use it.
How To Use
- Take 4-5 drops of the beard oil and apply to the base of the hair, close to the skin. Apply using upward hand movements, against the growth of the beard.
- Take another 4-5 drops and start setting the beard with downward movement, this time hydrating the top of the facial hair.
₹450.00 – ₹4,600.00
₹550.00 – ₹4,500.00